Thursday, May 19, 2011

Nail Woes Week 1

Hey Y'all!!

I've noticed that my nails suck.. They were doing good for a while. Lately they have been looking just raggedy. Splitting and peeling and my polish is chipping faster which is annoying.. I'm considering getting a gel overlay but I really don't want to deal with the cost and maintenece.

So I've decided to try to fix the problem myself. I drink a ton load of water a day (that's supposed to help with nails right?) My mom said that I should get more veggies (I can get a paper cut and she will push her veggie agenda on me), and I picked up a new 4 sided nail buffer block thing (Side 1- Even Out/Side 2-Smooth Nail/Side 3- Buff Nail/Side 4-Shine Nail).I also got some Nutra Nail Flex Shield Nail Hardener. It claims to "Help stop, breaking, tearing, & peeling, & absorbs everyday nail trauma to protect longer. I figure this is something traumatic so I hope its worth it.


 

I grabbed a new polish Sally Hansen Nail Growth Miracle Nail Color (Pretty Petunia). I need a miracle so the polish was for extra measure.



I figure I need all the help that I can get. :(  So I'm going to try to make this a series?? I will update weekly for a few weeks and if I can't find a solution then I will consider getting a Gel Overlay :(


If you know of a product or regimen that has worked well for you please let me know in the comments. :) I'm not a nail expert. You can tell by my cheesy nail art. That's the only design that I know how to do... I call it the 3 way flick... I like to think that I've mastered it. Its also on my big toe :)

 

Luv Y'all!!!

Mean It!!


 

4 ♥Say Something♥:

Farin said...

I take biotin when I remember too. About 4000 mcg is supposed to help your skin and nails grow. I always end up snagging them on something but I definitely see a difference.

Katydid said...

Kendall....Try adding B Complex vitamins...get the ones that average about 50 or 100 mg of the main B vitamins.....take the vitamin after your biggest meal of the day so it won't make you nauseated.....Also if you have a health food store nearby....get Herbal Fiberblend....and take 3 capsules 3 times a day...if you do this you will grow rock hard nails in a week...and if you continue taking these your nails will grow long and strong in record time.....one week will give you a good tip at the end that you can easily do the white pencil under...if you like the french manicure look....2 weeks will bring you pretty long nails....I get my Herbal Fiberblend from www.barleymagic.com Phone 1-888-311-2963 and she ships fast...you get it in about 3 days.....I also take a Magnesium, Calcium, Zink Combo....just from Walmart....if I dont' take these things I have paper thin nails...that are so short I can't pick up a coin...but as long as I'm faithful at taking these products....I have rock hard nails that I have to file often...because they get 'too long' for me.....I'm 64 and battled ugly nails for decades...until I found Herbal Fiberblend and added the vitamins...Good luck....Katy

Vonnie said...

i've been using nailtiques formula 2 plus and like it so far, making my nails grow and be stronger....i think i need to up my veggies like your mom says :P

Kendall said...

I eat frozen broccoli, that's as good as it's going to get :)