Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Brush Stuff I ~ Storage

Hey Ya'll!!!

I've gotten a few comments and questions asking me all kinds of questions about my makeup brushes and how I store and clean them. Instead of a super long photo heavy post, I decided to break it down into a few posts. :)

I figured I would start with how I store my brushes. I purchased two Sephora Collection Makeup Brush Box - Large - Black Item # 1116045 (sorry y'all I can't find it on Sephora's website anymore. I purchased them in 2009). I recently saw one very similar at Wal-Mart and I'm sure its the same thing and costs 50% less than what I paid for these from Sephora.

I used to use brush rolls but I grew out of them. I only use them for travel.

This is what they look like. I have two holders so thats six compartments. The insides are lined with black velvet which gets a little dirty (from the brushes and dust sometimes. I just wipe them with a wet on when I want to clean them.



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

^Not sure why the pics came out so wonky (>_<)



 




 

 

 

 

 

 

All Most of my brushes together in their homes :) I have some others in random places and travel brushes put away that I don't reach for on a regular basis.



I organize my brushes in categories that make sense to me.


1. ~ Fan Brushes, Eyeliner Brushes (angled etc), Lip Brushes


2. ~  Eye Blending & Smudging, & Crease Brushes, Detail Brushes


3. ~  Eyeshadow Lid Brushes (fluffy, small, regular) & my Eyebrow Comb


4. ~Fluffy Face Brushes


5. ~ Blush Brushes


6. ~ Airbrushes, Stippling Brushes, Concealer Brushes (a random black eyeliner that didn't fit where it belongs because its too long and random nail file)


Oh stop judging me!!! I know I need to clean my brushes. It's not brush bath night ;)


How do you store your brushes? Share :)


Luv Ya'll!!!


Mean It!!!




 


 


 





 

2 ♥Say Something♥:

Kizzy said...

Clean your brushes, Kendall!

:-P

Kendall said...

I like 'em DIRTAYYYYYYYYYY :p
XoxO, K