Sunday, January 17, 2010

Haiti Needs Us!!!



Hi Y'all! First I want to express my most heartfelt concern and condolences to everyone in Haiti and everyone with family members, and friends in Haiti. I've been sitting here watching all the coverage over the past few days wishing that I could do something to help these people, especially the children.... There are so many orphans in Haiti... Now there will be so many more. These people are suffering for basic necessities! Water, Antibiotics, Protein, BAND-AIDS, Gauze, Fuel... I'm addicted to the coverage... I can't stop watching CNN or BBC..... The images break my heart..


This morning the Smoking Gun said some horrible things about YELE, Wyclef's organization stating that he used funds for his own personal gain.YELE is one of the biggest NGOs (Non Government Organizations)....

Wyclef just released this video on YouTube and y'all... he's hella pissed! I'd be to if I was in Haiti for the past three days collecting bodies and digging through rubble and I came back to Miami to handle business, regroup and come home to allegation like that!





I feel like if I could get to Haiti and just go help DIG through rubble or help organize the logistics of getting basic necessities to people I would go do it. I know a lot is going on in Miami right now. I wish I could go to Miami and get involved and volunteer from there. I feel like a jerk sitting her watching it on TV.... I'm out of work I have the time and I want to help! I also think that I have an addiction to the media and I keep the news on 24/7 especially when there's a tragedy of this magnitude.

I still support YELE! I gave the article from the Smoking Gun the side eye anyways....
So please spread the word and help!
Ways to Help Haiti ♥


If your in the Miami Today..






Yele also has a shop with cute tee's and tote bags! Since we like to shop, let's shop for a reason. Most of the tee's & baby items are made from organic materials.

 



Here are many other organizations that are also helping aid get to Haiti. Also be careful when giving donations! There are a lot of DOUCHE LORDS out there that capitalize on our giving nature when disaster strikes.

Texting Donations 

Red Cross: Text HAITI to 90999 ($10 donation)
Clinton Foundation: Text HAITI to 20222 ($10 donation)
Yéle Haiti: Text YELE to 501501 ($5 donation)
United Way: Text HAITI to 864833 ($5 donation)
Intl Medical Corps: Text HAITI to 85944 ($10 donation)
World Food Program: Text: FRIENDS to 90999 ($5 donation)
UN Foundation: Text CERF to 90999 ($5 donation)
Compassion Intl: Text DISASTER to 85944 ($10 donation)
Intl Rescue Committee Text: HAITI to 25383 ($5 donation)
The Salvation Army: Text HAITI to 52000 ($10 donation)

From Canada:
Salvation Army in Canada: Text HAITI to 45678 ($5 donation)
Plan Canada: Text HAITI to 30333 ($5 donation)

From the United Kingdom:
Disasters Emergency Committee: Text GIVE to 70077 (£5 Pounds)

From France:
French Red Cross: Text HAITI to 80222 (1 Euro)
Links are from CNN Impact Your World
 In addition to providing emergency relief, these organizations are providing the following aid to those in need:
Providing Basic Needs:
CLINTON BUSH HAITI FUND
American Red Cross
CARE
United Nations Foundation/CERF
World Vision
UNICEF USA
International Relief Teams
Save the Children
Catholic Relief Services
Samaritan's Purse
American Jewish World Services
Yéle Haiti
World Concern
Mercy Corps
Operation Blessing International
Mercy & Sharing
Oxfam America
United Way Worldwide
Episcopal Relief & Development
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
Love a Child
Project Hope
Concern Worldwide
Adventist Development and Relief Agency
Salesian Missions
World Neighbors
World Relief
Kids Alive International
ADRA International
World Relief
Lions Clubs International
Providing Shelter:
Shelterbox
Habitat for Humanity International
International Organization for Migration
Pan American Relief

Providing Medical Aid:
Direct Relief International
International Medical Corps
Medical Teams International
Doctors Without Borders
Operation USA
MAP International
World Health Organization
Americares
Project Medishare
Partners in Health
Healing Hands for Haiti
Hôpital Albert Schweitzer Haiti
International Child Care
Friends of the Orphans
American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee
Heart to Heart International
Operation Smile
MerlinUSA
MedShare International

Providing Food:
World Food Programme
The Salvation Army
Compassion International
Food for the Poor
World Water Relief
Action Against Hunger
Food For the Hungry
Organizations accepting international currencies:
The International Committee of the Red Cross
UK: The Disasters Emergency Committee
UK: Merlin
Oxfam Great Britain
British Red Cross
The French Red Cross
Australian Red Cross
Italian Red Cross
International Rescue Committee
Germany Red Cross
Ireland: Concern Worldwide
Plan Canada
 

We all need to watch our spending but every little bit helps....
XoXo







2 ♥Say Something♥:

Miss Daja said...

it took a tragedy like this to make us all come together and help another.
i pray everyday for those in need and thank God everyday for my blessings

wuzzyangel said...

I've done the texting thing! But thanks for putting up all these links and support info for us! :)