Sunday, December 13, 2009

Restaurant/Food Review: Formosa Chinese Buffet Restaurant

Formosa Chinese Buffet Restaurant 

5134 Old National Hwy
College Park, GA 30349
(404) 763-9030

0/5
I was in the area and was craving Chinese.. I wanted to sit down and read my book and I wasn't in the mood for 'fast food' or ordering and then bringing take out home. So I decided to check this place out...As it was the closest place on my GPS.. I wanted to turn around and run as soon as I opened the door, but it was to late....  The staff was really excited to have a customer no one was in the place. During DINNER time!
Since I'm too nice to turn around and run out.  I was seated.....  The food selection was HORRIBLE for a Chinese Buffet.  They had like 15 food items and a small salad bar with generic salad dressing bottles....
The set up looked like a pack & go operation. Like when they set up a buffet for an event.....  I figured I'd have a bowl of wonton soup, read my book and leave.
The soup was soooo salty and had some a lot of cabbage or lettuce stuff floating around in it.  I saw the meat inside the wonton and it was a no go.  It just looked nasty. It didn't look like the inside of any other wonton I've eatin in my entire life.  The soup was so salty it made my lips burn.......
The owner kept coming to my table telling me that the chicken wings would be ready very soon.  I don't know if he was 'stereotyping' me because I'm African American, but I was NOT waiting for them to bring out the chicken wings!
I tried to make the best of it and try a few other things.  The food just looked gross and everything I tasted was soo salty  and nasty. I spit food in my napkin.....
The weird part was that some people came in and the staff and owner knew them.  Like they were regulars....  I rarely bash a place... I kinda feel bad for doing so but.  I will never go there again...  The only thing that was good was my Diet Coke (which came out of a can so I knew it was safe).... I'm not even a Coke fan......


 

2 ♥Say Something♥:

wuzzyangel said...

LOL Oh Kendall! I"m sorry this was that bad! Yeah some Chinese places really over salt their food. But at least now you know not to go back again! :)

wuzzyangel said...

Chinese buffet is like hit or miss.. you get some good ones and some really shitty ones! LOL!